Sunday, October 2, 2016

Gothic Clothes Without Being Too Gothic! with Punkrave





If you've been following me for a while on lookbook then you've probably already noticed those Punkrave leggings (shop link here) from the pictures above.
I really do like them a lot, even though I have to admit that I'm still a little worried to wear them outside.
Why? Well, they do look extremly gothic and thanks to the fabric they also have a slight latex-leather touch to them which makes me feel a little uncomfortable sometimes.

What's wrong with all of that now? Well, looking gothic is totally fine if you feel great with this style. I love to add gothic elements to my looks too, but I never felt comfortable with being all too gothic actually... It simply doesn't represent who I am, so I rather combine it with different styles. When wearing those leggings, I'm worried they're too outstanding and no one focuses on the rest of the outfit.

How about the latex-leather look? Let's be honest, basically everything works in fashion nowadays, so there really shouldn't be a problem with this at all. It's just me who feels slightly uncomfortable with it I guess, since I'm not a huge fan of latex and leather.

You may wonder why I bought them in the first place then. Well, despite all of the points I mentioned they simply caught my attention because they actually still look pretty awesome.
What's my way to deal with all those insecurities I have? Thinking twice how to combine them because there are so many ways that won't make me feel uncomfortable wearing them at all!

In the pictures above, you can see some of those possible ways to match them. That goes from choosing a more romantic, cute top (far left), to a more casual meets gothic look (middle left), to a more grunge-like all-black look (middle right) where the upper part of the leggings only peaks through the see-through skirt and thus isn't stealing the overall outfit's show.
As you can see, I just don't want it to be all-gothic, because that simply wouldn't be me.

So, for all of you out there who are having this exact same "problem", allow me to show you some pieces of the brand Punkrave (shop link here) that are still looking  awesome combined with non-gothic clothes! Hopefully, I can inspire some of you to try something new!
Punkrave mainly sells gothic clothes, so if you are a die-hard fan of this style, please keep on reading because there probably are some things that might be interesting for you!








First one I want to show you is this long-sleeve dress. The lace part is really wonderful and definitely will be a real eye catcher. Personally, I'd wear it with a casual cardigan, like a gray one for example. This way, the sleeves would be hidden though - and those actually look nice too - but if you have the same too-much-gothic-anxiety like me, then a cardigan is what you need here.
Generally, I wouldn't add too much color since I'd feel like flashy colors would make the outfit look really weird... All attention is paid to the lace part so other colors like a strong red would basically be a sensory overload.
Even though you can find this piece in "gothic dresses" (and yeah, it clearly is a dress...), I'd totally wear it with random jeans too and make it become a top. And all of a sudden you have the perfect outfit for upcoming winter!

You can get this dress here. It's available in M and XL for $42,99.





Next one, this great mesh jacket! If you have some random black dresses in your wardrobe that all alone don't look too special then this jacket is totally what I'd combine them with! It has a biker-rock'n'roll touch to it which would add some coolness when worn with a cute short dress.
Once again, I'd stick to a simple black and white look here. At some point, Punkrave seemed to offer this jacket in all-black too (according to the pictures on the website), so if you'd decide for this one then I'd personally wear it with colorful dresses actually. But for the black-white jaket I'd prefer a black-white look.
Besides, the way to combine it shown in the picture with the model is pretty nice too in my opinion! Totally would go for a black shirt, black shorts and this jacket combination as well!

Unfortunately, it's sold out right now (here). But you should keep an eye on it! Maybe it'll be available again soon! Price is $57,99.
Meanwhile, why don't you check out Punkrave's stock of gothic jackets?






My personal favorite! You can never have enough black short dresses in your wardrobe!
The lace skirt is the most wonderful thing about it in my opinion. It's not too outstanding though, so for once I'd actually decide for a more colorful cardigan. I have a plum-coloured one which I imagine to look great with this dress.
If you also have some white tights then this would probably look really cute too! Of course, you can also go for an all-black look but this is where my too-gothic-alarm-bells would go berserk again.

If you're a black-dress-lover like me then you should definitely check out all the other gothic dresses Punkrave is offering!
If you want this one then you can get it for $111,99 in 3XL, 2XL, XL and XS (link here).


After all, it's up to you how you want to combine everything.
With this post I wanted to give you an idea about a few ways to match things. There are dozens of other possibilities of course!

Don't forget to check out Punkrave's store! They have many great gothic clothes and accessories for men and women, so if you're into this style then you will definitely find something you like!


CLICK for Instagram
CLICK for Twitter
CLICK for Lookbook 


※ Note: Sponsored Blog Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment